1. This competition is open to residents of the Republic of Ireland, except employees of the Promoter, agents or anyone professionally connected with the promotion. MACE retailers and their staff members may enter/be entered and will be judged in the same manner as all entrants.
2. The Promoter and Data Controller is BWG Foods UC, BWG House, Greenhills Road, Tallaght, Dublin 24, D24 Y722.
3. No purchase necessary. Entry to the competition is free.
4. How to enter: to enter tell us who you are nominating, which category award you are nominating them for and in less than 200 words what they have done and why they deserve to win and supply contact details; you can upload an image/video to support your entry if you wish. You can nominate yourself or another individual. In the case of the MACE Store Team award, you are nominating the team and must specify the MACE store name and location as part of your entry. All entries must be received by midnight 31st May 2022. Entries can be accompanied by a supporting image(s) or short video. File size must be below 10.6MB. File formats accepted are.jpeg, .png or .mp4 files (Maximum video length 60 seconds). Entries that do not include video and images will not be at a disadvantage during the judging process; all entries will be considered on their individual merit. Entries must be submitted using the official online entry form on www.mace.ie/unsung-heroes
There is no limit on the number of award categories that you can enter or the number of people you nominate. Their good deeds should have been completed in the last five years up to the closing date for receipt of entry. Posthumous nominations are not being accepted for these awards.
By entering, MACE is given the right for future correspondence, for this competition only, to occur via email or phone if they are chosen as winners. All entries for those under 18 must include contact information of the parent or guardian and approval of a parent or guardian must be obtained prior to entry. No communication will be entered into directly with minors. No use will be made of the details supplied other than for the purpose of this competition as noted within these terms and conditions.
5. There are 5 awards with a prize of €1000 for the most worthy hero in each category and the overall MACE Community Award winner will receive a prize of €5000.The award winners may be featured in a video used on social media and digital channels including instore digital screens. The winners of the awards consent to the use by MACE Ireland and its related companies, after the closing date of the competition for an unlimited time, of the winner’s photograph and name for publicity purposes (in any medium, including still photographs and films, and on the internet, including any websites hosted by MACE Ireland and its related companies) and in PR, advertising, marketing or promotional material without additional compensation or prior notice and, in entering the competition, where so selected as part of the entry form entrants consent to the same. MACE Ireland is responsible for fulfilment of the prizes.
Those nominated for the Children & Youth award should be between 8 and 18 years old at the time of closing date for entries.
We require that a charity number is available for any nominations made for the Charity award.
We require that for nominations for the MACE Store Team Award that a store name and location is provided as part of the entry and that the nominate team is a MACE branded store at the time of closing date for entries.
6. The awards and related prizes will be awarded to the people who have, in the opinion of the judges, outlined in their entry what makes their unsung hero the one that is most deserving within the specific award category. All entries will be considered for the overall MACE Community Award and the winner will the one who in the opinion of the judges has made a substantial difference to their local community. The panel of judges will include at least one member who is independent of the promoters. The decision of the judges will be final, and binding and no correspondence can be entered into.
7. Timings – entry to this competition will run from the 4th May to 31st May 2022.
8. All participation instructions form part of these rules.
9. Winners will be contacted by email and/or telephone. If the promoter is not able to contact a winner or the winner does not respond within 48 hours of communication being sent to confirm that they are a winner, then another winner will be selected and awarded their prize.
10. Entries must be received by midnight on 31st May 2022. No entries received after this date will be included. Winners will be announced in June 2022 and will be contacted directly (a parent or guardian in the case of a minor).
11. By submitting a nomination, you are certifying that the information is factual and true to the best of your knowledge. The promoter reserves the right to conduct a thorough background check on nominees, at our own discretion.
12. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the promoter reserves the right to change the event activities or offer alternative prizes of equal or greater value.
13. The prizes are non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no alternatives will be offered.
14. Terms & conditions of the promotion are also available on request from email@example.com
15. No incomplete or corrupted entries will be accepted. Entries will only be accepted if they comply with all entry instructions.
16. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt. The promoter does not accept any responsibility for lost, misplaced or damaged entries.
17. Entry to the competition will be considered a full & unconditional acceptance of the terms and conditions of this promotion.
18. The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss, damage or consequential damage of any nature in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise caused by acceptance of the terms and conditions or in connection with the Prize (to the extent permissible by law).
19. By entering the promotion, all entrants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the rules and consent to the transfer of their personal data to the Data Controller for the purposes of
the administration of this promotion and any other purposes to which the entrant has consented. All entry instructions form part of the rules. The promoter may disclose the entrants’ personal information to its contractors and agents to assist in conducting this promotion or communicating with entrants. The promoter is bound by the Data Protection Act 1998 or General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) as applicable.
20. These terms and conditions shall be governed by Irish law and the courts of Republic of Ireland shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
21. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, TikTok or Twitter. You understand that you are providing your information to page owners of this promotion and not to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Tik Tok or YouTube. The information you provide will only be used for this promotion unless specific authorisation is given.