Prep time 30-45 mins
3 white potatoes, chopped
2 tbsp olive oil
100 g green peas
150 g green beans
1/2 broccoli head, florettes chopped
250 g spinach
1 leek, thinly sliced
2 lt vegetable or chicken stock
8 sprigs fresh thyme, tied together
1/4 tbsp salt
- Preheat 2 tbsp of oil in a saucepot over medium- high heat.
- Add in 1/4 tsp salt, thinly sliced leek, and fresh thyme. Cook for about 8 minutes, stirring often.
- Next, add in 2 litres vegetable or chicken broth and chopped potatoes. Cover the pot partially and bring to a boil. Again, turn the heat down and simmer until potatoes are tender, for about 25 minutes.
- Add peas, beans and broccoli and continue simmering for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove thyme and stir in 2 teaspoon pepper, 1/4 tsp salt, 2 tbsp chopped fresh dill and spinach, stir until spinach is wilted. Serve.
Note: Minestrone soup is rich in fibre. This is also a low calories recipe perfect for any low calories diet type. You can add more spices of your choice to this soup.