Total time: 1 hour
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 tsp oil
- 6 chicken thighs
- 4 chopped carrots
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 tbsp chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 2.8L chicken stock
- 240g egg noodles
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 chopped celery stalks
- Season the chicken with pepper & salt. Heat the oil over medium heat. In a pot, add chicken thighs in batches. Place them skin-side down and cook the chicken for 3 more minutes after flipping it and browning the skin. Take out of the pot and leave to the side.
- In the chicken fat, sauté the onions and garlic for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Then add the thyme, celery, and carrots and continue to sauté for 2 more minutes.
- Add the turmeric, bay leaves, and chicken stock to the pot and add salt and black pepper. Then add the chicken thighs to the broth and stir thoroughly. Cover the pot and cook for 30 minutes, stirring frequently (reduce or increase the heat a little, as needed).
- Transfer the cooked chicken to a dish. Add the noodles to the soup and cook for about 15 minutes, or until the noodles are soft.
- While the noodles cook, shred the chicken meat with a fork removing the chicken’s skin and bones.
- Add the shredded chicken to the soup and give it a good stir.
- Add the lemon juice and parsley after that and remove the bay leaves. Serve and enjoy!