Serves 4 | Prep time < 30 mins
- 125ml dry white wine
- To garnish: fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 240g wide egg noodles
- 60g plain Greek yoghurt
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 450g beef, thinly sliced (sirloin or striploin)
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 725ml beef stock
- 225g mushrooms, sliced
- Cook egg noodles in a pot filled with salted water as per directions on the package.
- Once the pasta water starts boiling, sauté beef in a skillet with 2 tablespoons of oil and season with pepper and salt. Cook each side for 3 minutes, then remove to a plate.
- Sauté onion in the remaining oil for 3 minutes, then add in mushrooms and garlic and stir-cook until mushrooms are done, for another 5 minutes.
- To deglaze the pan, pour in dry white wine, scraping up the browned bits.
- Whisk together beef stock, 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce, 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard, and 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour in a small bowl until smooth.
- Once all the wine had cooked off, add stock mixture to the pan and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Stir in plain Greek yoghurt until combined. Transfer beef back to the skillet and stir until coated.
- Season with pepper and salt, if desired. Serve over egg noodles and garnish with parsley.
Note: you can cook a vegetarian version of Beef Stroganoff, just use lots of sliced mushrooms and no meat. To make it vegan substitute all dairy products with non-dairy options.